at last an empty mail

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Sun Oct 5 18:52:54 EDT 2003

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003, Ralf Nickel wrote:
> recently i recieved a mail (mailserver: postfix, spamasassin, amavis,
> cyrus imap, some sieve-filters) with an attachment of 6MB.

Switch to amavisd-new. It integrates MUCH better with postfix than amavis-ng
in my experience (using postfix -> LTMP over tcp/ip -> amavisd-new/spamassassin
-> SMTP -> postfix).  That's why I started co-maintaining it for Debian :)

> ---
> Nothing more.

Looks like a sieve-generated message?  Are your sieve scripts correct, the
other Received: lines are missing, and the content-type is very strange
(empty?!)...

> It seems to me, that the Delivery-Pipe was broken, because I tried to
> fetch the mail before Sieve can put it into the Folder 'kl', but i'm not
> sure.

These things are 'atomic', you can't get an email 'before sieve could
process it' :)

Anyway, that is quite a weird failure mode I've never seen before.

  Henrique Holschuh