[SYS/PERM] Unable to open maildrop

Jernej Porenta nejc at nejc.net
Tue Oct 7 22:23:56 EDT 2003

Hello!

I'm having a strange problem on which I cannot find any answers anywhere
:)

I'm using Cyrus 2.1.15 with imapd and pop3 servers and I'm getting weird
error MSGes. When I try this:
+OK moron Cyrus POP3 v2.1.15-IPv6-Debian-2.1.15-0woody.1.0 server ready
<212804199.1065579417 at moron>
user nporenta
+OK Name is a valid mailbox
pass *********
-ERR [SYS/PERM] Unable to open maildrop

What does that mean? I'm using saslauthd with pam and saslauthd verbose
says that authentication is just fine. Mailboxes are created and ACL
should be setup right...

I tried using "alwaystrue" option in imapd.conf but the same result. When
I tried using cyradm i received "Segmentation fault" so something really
weird is happening?

Does anyone knows the solution or somehow can point me there :)

Thanks...

Greetz, Jernej