ipurge, or automatic expiration feature.

mark london mrl at psfc.mit.edu
Wed Oct 8 15:56:31 EDT 2003

I want to be able to have messages in a folder automatically purged
after the messages are a certain amount of days old.  The ipurge
application seems to be what I want, but I haven't gotten it working.
First, I can't get it to work at all unless I run it under the cyrus
account.  Otherwise, it gives me the error:

ipurge: can't initialize mboxlist environment

However,  even though under the cyrus account it doesn't give me any
error messages, it still doesn't seem to work. I issue the command:

ipurge -f -d 1 mrl.INBOX.Spam

But messages still stay in my Spam folder.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Mark