problem with mailbox format

Jon Johnson somedude262 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 16:48:02 EDT 2003

Hi guys,

I previously had cyrus-imapd-2.0.16 installed, and I
am attempting to do a new install with the latest
version, cyrus-imapd-2.1.15.

My problem is that I have a ton of old mailboxes I
need to migrate over, and on the old system when I
logged into cyradm and did this:

cm user.whoever

it would create a new folder in /var/spool/imap/user
for that user, and then inside when they got mail each
message would be it's own file, and any subfolders
were subdirectories inside there.

The problem now is that when I run the same "cm
user.whoever" command, it doesn't seem to create a new
folder in /var/spool/imap/user (which is owned by
cyrus:mail so I think permissions are okay), instead
it seems to create a file called
/home/cyrus/user.whoever which isn't actually a
directory. I read somewhere I could do "cm
user/whoever" and that creates a file called
/home/cyrus/user/whoever which seems closer to what i
want, but it's still a single file (which is a FOLDER
INTERNAL DATA fake-email message), not a directory.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? If it helps, there was
no /etc/cyrus.conf created when I installed cyrus, so
maybe it's a setting in there I need to change, but I
don't have any file there. anyone? I'm dying on this,
I have users mad at me for the server not being up yet.