Moving mail to a new machine

Gordon gmcrhce at cox.net
Tue Oct 14 01:46:05 EDT 2003

I previously had my imap server running on one machine that I had set up
myself. I had several folders beside my inbox. I recently built a new
machine with a new version of Redhat and I've built and installed the
latest version of cyrus.

I have cyrus running and configured but I'm having a heck of a time
getting to my old mail files. What I've done is copy the whole directory
tree of my mail files to the directory /var/spool/imap/g/user/gmc. I've
gone into cyradm and created a mailbox called user.gmc and set the acl
to write. I use mozilla for email and I was able to set it up and I can
now see the emails from my old inbox. The problem is that I can't figure
out how to get to the email that are in the other folders. They're in
directories under the directory stated above. Can anyone help with this
bit? Was there an easier way to do this?

Gordon