spam filtering

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Tue Oct 14 22:07:49 EDT 2003

Hello everyone, I'm new to the list and a noob to cyrus as well.

But hopefully not hopeless.

I'm trying to get cyrus-imap configured.  This in itself has not been
very difficult under SuSE8.2.

Where I get stuck is I want to incorporate spamassassin into the process.

The only way that I can see this being done right now is by pluggin
procmail in between postfix and cyrus.
If I read it wrong and I can use spamassassin in sieve the please
correct me.

I have to this point managed to set up the postfix main.cf with:
procmail -p -a "$EXTENSION"

and my .procmailrc file contains:
:0
| /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/deliver -l

With a result of:
connect failed: Permission denied

Alternatively"
:0
| /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -a $LOGNAME $LOGNAME

Results in:
couldn't connect to lmtpd: Permission denied

Similarly:
lmtptest -v -u tallison -a tallison localhost
results in:
connect: Connection refused
failure: Network initialization

/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -r $LOGNAME $LOGNAME
and I still get
couldn't connect to lmtpd: Permission denied

I'm kind of tired and out of ideas.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.