deliver.db and related issues

Ben Carter cecropia+ at pitt.edu
Wed Oct 15 12:27:42 EDT 2003

Cyrus: v2.1.15
OS: Solaris 8
Berkeley DB 4.1.25

I believe I read all of the recent threads on deliver.db issues in the
archives for this mailing list, but I still have some questions:

First of all we have duplicate delivery suppression turned off.
However, deliver.db still seems to be maintained.  I saw a post about
it being needed for sieve too but we don't plan to use sieve either.  My
question is, can I totally disable the use of deliver.db
without making code changes?

(For now, we changed deliver.db to skiplist since BDB format was causing
hung and 'signaled to death by 10/11' lmtpd processes)

Also, can the periodic execution of "ctl_cyrusdb -c" be safely disabled
if one used a cron entry to make copies of the mailboxes file etc?

Finally, since we have no Berkely DB files, what are all the __db...
files that get created in the 'db' subdirectory and why is one of
them 2MB in size?  Our test mailboxes file is only 72 bytes...

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Carter
University of Pittsburgh