Cyrus+SASL+kerberos V

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Thu Oct 16 12:01:30 EDT 2003

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

On Thursday 16 October 2003 17:38, you wrote:
> > As I understand it SASL only support the default realm as well?
>
> No, this isn't the case.  The default/local realm is stripped from the
> user identifiers, but you can use the loginrealms option to allow logins
> from other realms (the userids still keep the @ sign + realm though)

Do you mean I could have a principal called: user at domain/MYREALM at MYREALM?

> > Would it be possible to use SASL + Kerberos V at all in this situation?
>
> Depending on what exactly you need, "maybe", With Cyrus 2.1 you really
> don't have a good way of doing virtual domains.

I dont know what exactly you mean with virtual domains. In our case, as there
is a direct mapping from the mailbox name:
ie. user/bob at somedomain^dom, using SASL and LDAP with the logon
credentials bob at somedomain.com.

lmtp delivers the mail directly to cyrus, using the full e-mail address.

I guess my question is that if user at domain/MYREALM at MYREALM is not possible,
how does one associate the Cyrus mailbox (user/bob at somedomain^com) with a
principal bob/SOMEDOMAIN.COM at SOMEDOMAIN.COM?

regards,
Stephan