Postfix can't connect to lmtp

wim at unetix.nl wim at unetix.nl
Fri Oct 17 03:55:12 EDT 2003

On Thursday 16 October 2003 18:14, Stephan Buys wrote:
> Hi Wim,
>
> Could it be that your Cyrus (2.1.14) has hanged? I have had this happen a
> couple of times using the Kolab server. (Which you are using eh? ;-)

Hai,
Yes, still experimenting with kolab , to little time, to much todo,
but this is another setup, just postfix+cyrus, just to figure out
a basic setup , including virtual domains. The problem was not
cyrus hanging, it was a configuration confusion in postfix main.cf,
somewhere I read the line:
mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/imap/socket/lmtp
would do it, but it actually , from another source, the line:
mailbox_transport = cyrus
is working for postfix-lmtp connection.
Likely I'm wrong, but I think because master.cf
contains the line :
cyrus     unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  user=cyrus argv=/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -r ${sender} -m ${extension}
${user}
so postfix uses cyrus deliver to transport mail, instead of connecting
to lmtpd?

Thanx
Wim Bakker

> This has fixed it for me in the past, if your problem is related to mine.
> Also, I have an updated OpenPKG package for Cyrus 2.1.15 available.
>
> Regards,

This e-mail was scanned by RAV Antivirus!