deleting corrupt mail file..

Roland Pope rpope at jadeworld.com
Thu Oct 16 16:25:12 EDT 2003

"Danny García Hernández" <danny at g2k.es> said:
>I have a problem with a corrupt message file, the user have a file xxxx.
>into his spool directory, when he try to download this message the mail
>client is getting him error about corrupt message. How i can delete this
>message from the user´s spool directory?
If you are running Outlook Express as a mail client, it sometimes gets it's
local cache confused and thinks there is problems with a server message. To
sort this out got to Tools->Options->Maintenance and click on the 'cleanup
now' button. You should then be able to browse to the mailbox that is having
the problem and slelect 'reset' to chuck away the cached copies of all
messages in that mailbox and go back to the server and get them again.

Hope this helps.

Roland