Unable to clear over quota mailbox

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Fri Oct 17 09:13:36 EDT 2003

> Hi
>
> I'm having a problem where users who are over quota are unable to delete
> messages to clear their mailboxes .I'm running Cyrus v2.1.13-Invoca-RPM
> and IMP 3.2.1 on a RedHat 9.0 box .Any ideas on how to fix this ?

Fix your IMP config. Looks like your IMP tries to move mails to trash when
you try to delete it. Moving to trash isn't possible when your mailbox is
overquota. I don't know IMP but with Squirrelmail, we teach users to
disable 'move to trash' in their preferences when overquota, delete mails
and then enable 'move to trash' again.

HTH
Simon