cyrus security

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Tue Oct 21 20:11:21 EDT 2003

I've managed to get cyrus to work as a running imap server, but it's
only good in plaintext right now.

I'm a little concerned with this log message:
PAM-warn: function=[pam_sm_authenticate] service=[imap]

the real bummer is that my squirrelmail interface comes back with an
error that it cannot create the Sent folder.
I'm not sure what's going on, since 'lm' already shows one there...
But I'm not sure if that's a squirrelmail or cyrus-imap issue.

What is an issue is I can't find what my options are for cyrus-imap
authentication sanely.

help?