Kerberos 5 realms & cyrus mailboxes

Dmitry P. Schegolev dmitry at dgap.mipt.ru
Wed Oct 22 11:06:04 EDT 2003

      Hello!

I have a number of questions about kerberos support in cyrus imap
server. I tried to find answers in cyrus documentation but found nothing.

1) How does the kerberos principals maps into mailbox names?

Can I do the following  with cyrus:
Man with kerberos realm dmitry at EXAMLPE.COM  has access permissions  to
certain  number  of  mailboxes, for example:
support at example.com,  dmitry at example.com,  mailbox at example.com?

If it  possible, how I can administer, to what mailboxes realms has
access rights?

2) Can cyrus serve several number of mail domains?
I need virtual mail hosting on one server for a number of mail domains,
for example,
@dgap.mipt.ru, @fopf.mipt.ru, @rt.mipt.ru...
And mailboxes in cyrus must be completely different, i. e.
dmitry at dgap.mipt.ru, dmitry at fopf.mipt.ru, dmitry at rt.mipt.ru --- are
different mailboxes.
If it can, how I ought to configure cyrus to get virtual hosting?

3) How does "by default" kerberos principals maps into mailbox names?
For example, for what mailbox I get access with principal
dmitry/People at EXAMPLE.COM?

Thanks in advance,
Dmitry.