Problems when upgrading

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Oct 23 10:56:08 EDT 2003

> I'm trying to upgrade from 1.5.19 to 2.1.14 (debian testing)
> but when the upgrade is complete and I try to login
> to cyradm I get a segmentation fault.

Cyradm is a perl program, so perhaps your perl install is broken? Try
debugging the perl program to see exactly where it crashes. Alternately
use strace to see what syscalls it makes just before it crashes - that
can be very informative at times.

strace cyradm --user root localhost

Otherwise - well, I'm no cyrus expert, I'm just trying to offer a few
starting ideas. Perhaps someone else has seen this before.

Craig Ringer