sieve/vacation From line?

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Oct 23 13:35:27 EDT 2003

andrew.caird at fccc.edu wrote:

> Hello,
>   I'd like to be able to set the From line on sieve/vacation replies by
> hand.  For historical reasons, people's login IDs do not equal people's
> email addresses, and sieve/vacation simply replies as the mailbox name (in
> my case "acaird at fccc.edu"), but in general that address isn't valid, and
> it should reply as "andrew.caird at fccc.edu".
>   I was really hoping that vacation would take a ":from" parameter, but it
> doesn't seem to.

vacation is actually using the envelope recipient as the contents of the
From: header.  This is no easy way to do this short of modifying the
source to do a lookup of some recipient/userid mapping.

This could probably be done in v2.2 by adding a mailbox annotation which
corresponds to the user's "real" email address.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127