Slightly off-topic question but very useful one

Michael J Barber mbarber at barbersweb.net
Fri Oct 24 12:15:49 EDT 2003

This brings up another thread in this off-topic discussion.  Anyone know of a
good web based file management tool that (preferably) can or cannot be
integrated with a webmail client.

Thanks,

Michael J Barber
SUNY Plattsburgh
CMS Computer Labs Technician
116D Feinberg Library
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
518.564.2319
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Quoting Jim Howell <jwh2 at cornell.edu>:

^^ At 10:26 AM 10/24/2003 -0400, Ken Murchison wrote:
^^ >Jim Howell wrote:
^^ >
^^ >>Hi,
^^ >>         I apologize for this off-topic question but I think we will all
^^
^^ >> find this useful.  What mailfile size limits do folks support and the
^^ >> user mailbox quota size?  We are being told by some of our users that we
^^
^^ >> are too restrictive.  Here at Cornell we allow 15MB mailfiles from 8am
^^ >> to 6pm and 100MB mailfiles from 6pm to 8am.
^^ >
^^ >Wow!  If you have users complaining about 15MB, let alone 100MB, you
^^ >probably need to teach them that email isn't a file transfer protocol
^^ >;)  If somebody needs to send a file that large, they should be emailing
^^ >the link, and not the file.
^^
^^ Hi,
^^       I agree but people complain about the effort to setup the file
^^ transfer vs email..  Sigh..  The complaint is more about the filesizes than
^^
^^ the quota, I just thought I'd kill two birds with one mailfile.. :)
^^ Jim
^^
^^
^^ >A 200MB quota seems more than generous, except for the fact that you're
^^ >allowing them to reach their quota with only 2 messages.  Perhaps allowing
^^
^^ >the users to "misuse" their email account in this way is what is causing
^^ >the complaints?
^^ >
^^ >--
^^ >Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
^^ >Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
^^ >716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
^^ >--PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp
^^ >
^^
^^ Jim Howell