Slightly off-topic question but very useful one

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Fri Oct 24 13:29:34 EDT 2003

One thing to take into account is the innefficiency of base64 (as used
for MIME attachment).  Base64ed file grow to about 150% of their
original size, giving a useable file size limit of ~10 MB for your limit
of 15 MB.

All those "joke" chain email with video and sound clip attached probably
account for a big part of those over-quota mailboxes.

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com