[QUESTION] Per-user altnamespace

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Sat Oct 25 20:52:12 EDT 2003

Christian Schulte wrote:

> Ken Murchison wrote:
>
>> Does anybody see the need or usefulness for allowing users to select
>> their own namespace (altnamespace on/off)?  I can implement this
>> pretty trivially in v2.2 with a private mailbox annotation on the
>> user's INBOX, but I'm not going to bother unless people will use it.
>>
> How would that incorporate with sieve ? Would it break things with e.g.
> avelsieve or websieve ?

Hmm.  The existing sieve editors don't have any idea what the namespace
is, and timsieved doesn't do any validation of the mailboxes used in the
script at upload time.  So, whether the namespace is fixed by the
server, or per-user, the user needs to use the correct mailbox names.
Obviously lmtpd would need to lookup the annotation to get the correct
namespace when it performs a fileinto.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127