moving imap account

Michi Müller panic_69 at web.de
Fri Oct 24 17:25:57 EDT 2003

hi info-cyrus!

about two month ago i installed cyrus-imap 2.1.15 on my box as part of a
new local mail setup which has been working great since then.

i'm now thinking about moving from redhat9 to fedora but i want to continue
using my old imap account (folders, mails...)

for your info: there's only one user right now (me) using various
folders. i use saslauthd/pam, no sasldb

my questions:
- is it possible to backup /var/spool/imap/* and simply drop it to the
  same location on the new installation?
- do i have to backup something else?
- do i have to create accounts/folders on the new installation before
  restoring the backup or will cyrus-imap know what to do when it finds
  the restored data?

thx,
michael