Cyrus RPMs

Nikola Milutinovic Nikola.Milutinovic at ev.co.yu
Sat Oct 25 07:26:02 EDT 2003

Hi all.

I'm having the hairiest time of my life trying to setup Cyrus IMAP on RedHat 9.0. Can someone give me RPM paths and locations, please.

I have so far:

cyrus-sasl-2.1.15-5
cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.15-5
cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.15-5
cyrus-sasl-md5-2.1.15-5
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.15-5

db4-4.0.14-20

db4-4.1.25-12
db4-devel-4.1.25-12
db4-java-4.1.25-12
db4-utils-4.1.25-12

krb5-devel-1.2.7-10
krb5-libs-1.2.7-10
krb5-server-1.2.7-10

openssl-0.9.7a-2
openssl-devel-0.9.7a-2

Which IMAP RPM would you recomend and where to find it?

I ahve tried building it from source and it bombs out. Aparently libssl.so wouldn't link, because it misses some symbols from the Kerberos5 libraries (which are not there, since they are macros, not functions). Also, Sophie (Sophos AV daemon) refused to build, errors are due to change in libc introduced in RH9. The author of Sophie said many people built Sophie on RH8 and then moved it to RH9.

Should I switch to RH8?

Nix.