daemontools & saslauthd / imap

Zoran Kikic kikic at magic-garden.de
Sat Oct 25 12:36:41 EDT 2003

hello,

I run postfix with daemontools 0.76 and tried to do the same with
saslauthd and imap. I tried 3 "versions" and only the 3. try does not
cause warnings in log. I'm not sure what's going on in the 3rd version -
it works, but is that really the right solution??

thx for help
zoran

1. try (look at log below)

(/service/sasl/run)
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/sbin/saslauthd -a pam

(/service/imap/run)
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/cyrus/bin/master

2. try (same as 1. try, look at log below)

(/service/sasl/run)
#!/bin/sh
exec fghack /usr/local/sbin/saslauthd -a pam

(/service/imap/run)
#!/bin/sh
exec fghack /usr/cyrus/bin/master

3. try (everything seems to be o.k. in log)

(/service/sasl/run)
#!/bin/sh
exec fghack /usr/local/sbin/saslauthd -a pam <&-

(/service/imap/run)
#!/bin/sh
exec fghack /usr/cyrus/bin/master <&-

log:
saslauthd[26712]: detach_tty      : could not lock pid file
/var/run/saslauthd/saslauthd.pid: Resource temporarily unavailable
saslauthd[26711]: detach_tty      : Cannot start saslauthd
saslauthd[26711]: detach_tty      : Another instance of saslauthd is
currently running

master[26715]: cannot get exclusive lock on pidfile (is another master
still running?)
master[26715]: exiting