Two little questions

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Mon Oct 27 10:57:45 EST 2003

Hi list,

Two questions for resident gurus this morning :

1. Is there a way to permit only POP or IMAP for a specific user ?  We
are currently using saslauthd + shadow (Simon Matter's rpm, for the
record).

2. Apparently, we hit a bug where Oulook 2k2 seem to get confused with
Cyrus's UIDL using POP.  My understanding of the problem is only partial
has I was not the one isolating it, but the way it have been explained
to me is that Outlook 2002 get confused when UIDL are not the same
length (ie a mailbox contain a message with UIDL 1066419166.1 and one
with UIDL 1066419166.10).  A way to work around the bug temporarily that
had been proposed is to make the message UID of a mailbox start at a very
high value (ie 100 000).  Is there a way within Cyrus to make message
UID start at a specified value, either globally or a on per-mailbox
basis ?  I don't think it is possible, but assuming yes, what would be
involved in renumbering existing messages ?

Thanks folk !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com