Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.2-BETA Released

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Wed Oct 29 03:17:52 EST 2003

> Full changes are available in doc/changes.html in the distribution, sites
> that are upgrading to this version will also want to read
> doc/install-upgrade.html.

Thanks for the new BETA release. I have already released new beta rpms in
the usual place. They are tested to build on RedHat 7.2 and 9. Please note
that the beta rpms are work in progress and they still lack some important
features like on the fly sieve script conversion on upgrade. So, they are
meant for testing, NOT for production. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I have a simple question regarding the change to the support for automake
1.7 and autoconf 2.57. Older RedHat releases like 7.2, 7.3 are using
automake 1.4 and autoconf 2.13. cyrus-imapd-2.2.2-BETA and
cyrus-sasl-2.1.16-BETA don't like those older autoconf/automake. My
question is, is this expected behaviour or should it be possible to use
the old autoconf/make tools? I even don't remember why I call autoconf in
the cyrus-imapd build process but I'm sure there was a reason I used to
call it.  Upgrading autoconf/automake is not an option here, so is there
another way to do it or do I usually not nees to run automake/autoconf on
the released tarballs to build on Linux.

TIA
Simon