Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.2-BETA Released

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Wed Oct 29 08:36:28 EST 2003

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Simon Matter wrote:
> 1.7 and autoconf 2.57. Older RedHat releases like 7.2, 7.3 are using
> automake 1.4 and autoconf 2.13. cyrus-imapd-2.2.2-BETA and

They won't be capable of processing the auto* stuff, then. autotools have
almost NO backward compatibility in practice, no matter what they would like
to say otherwise.

> call it.  Upgrading autoconf/automake is not an option here, so is there
> another way to do it or do I usually not nees to run automake/autoconf on
> the released tarballs to build on Linux.

You only need to rerun the auto* stuff if you change something in
configure.in.  Otherwise, just don't run them :)

I do change stuff in configure.in for Debian, but I run auto* in my build
system before uploading the packages, so that the end users get a source
package that doesn't need auto* to be run.

  Henrique Holschuh