Cyrus IMAPd 2.2.2-BETA Released

Bill Earle bill at buffalo.edu
Thu Oct 30 13:25:37 EST 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003, Bill Earle wrote:
>
> > 1. It appears that the "--with-dbdir=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1"
> >    does not get propogated in an include dir.
> >    - the make fails in /ssa/Build/cyrus-imapd-2.2.2-BETA/imap
>
> Try --with-bdb-incdir and --with-bdb-libdir.

Thanks Rob! As a temporary fix I had...

  export CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include
  - then re-ran the configure, make depend and ran make just fine.

> Eventually we discovered that people were getting more creative at hiding
> Berkely DB in some various location/name on their system, and we just
> couldn't keep up.
>
> > 2. I have trouble building the Perl modules, even in previous
> >    releases, 2.1.15.
> >    - If I manually change the "prefix" for perl in "perl/Makefile" to:
> >      prefix = /usr/local
> >      - then the compile goes just fine
> >    - I use the configure option "--with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl"
> >      do I need something else?
>
> What problem are you having?

It may be more of a local problem. Going from memory here, I beleive
what happened was the modules compile just fine, but perl scripts
did not find them because they are installed in the "prefix" directory
under /ssa/cyrus-xxxx, which is not part of our @INC path and can not be
executed without some changes. Is there an option that would allow us to
specify the perl prefix dir. separately?

- Bill