Weird mailbox corruption...

Einar Indridason einari at f-prot.com
Thu Oct 30 04:48:35 EST 2003

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:13:30AM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

> Could the filesystem /var/spool/imap is on have filled up? Just a guess...

(Sorry, I pressed the "reply-to" button, before I was awake... I should have
pressed the "group-reply" button.)

No, the filesystem did not fill up.  However, we did experience a
"resource starvation", due to the machine using up all the free
file-descriptors we had available.  (We have since bumped up the numbers
of free file-descriptors, in order to reduce this from happening again.)

> >If I go into "cyradmin", then that user and his folders do look allright
> >to me.
>
> That'll have to wait for the cyrus wizards. One of the things I'm
> planning to do is start a "cyrus backup, restoration and recovery" FAQ.
> Note the "planning to do" not "have done".

Yebb, so noted :-)

But thanks,
einari at f-prot.com