mysql auxprop - how did you do it ?

tom at bryntez.com tom at bryntez.com
Wed Oct 29 14:37:10 EST 2003

A simple (maybee) question from an ordinary mailserver admin.....

I was following Luc's howto when we configured our new mailserver
last week - and we compiled sasl according to his howto like this:

Sasl 2.1.15
./configure \
--enable-anon \
--enable-plain \
--enable-login \
--disable-krb4 \
--with-saslauthd=/var/run/saslauthd \
--with-pam \
--with-dblib=berkeley \
--with-bdb-libdir=/usr/local/bdb/lib \
--with-bdb-incdir=/usr/local/bdb/include \
--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl \
--with-plugindir=/usr/local/lib/sasl2

Authentication are done against mysql with pam-mysql and it works
fine, but It turnes out that saslauthd are leaking memory faster than
we expected so we are eager to change to the mysql auxprop plugin
option instead.

Do we have to rebuild sasl with some extra info than above, to get
the mysql plugin installed ? And if so - do we have to rebuild imap
(2.1.15) and postfix 2.0.16 as well afterwards ?

Config: RH7.3 - "everything" built form source according to Luc's
howto except mysql (RH7.3 rpm)

Take care
Regards

Tom Bryntesen