Hight Aviability and Cyrus

Earl R Shannon ershanno at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Nov 3 07:29:35 EST 2003

Bonjour,

While there have been a couple of mentions that high availability is
being considered by CMU, it has not been done natively to the
IMAP server. In other words, the IMAP server does not do high
availability. While it does have the cluster implementation,
( the murder ) this allows scalability, not high availablity.

To provide high availability you will need to implement something
yourself that does it. It seems there have been a few people on
this list who have mentioned how they have done it. It would be
a good idea to read the list archive and see what they have said
about how they accomplished it.

Regards,
Earl Shannon