Cyrus on FreeBSD

Igor Karpov jc at minjust.gov.ua
Tue Nov 4 10:11:50 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 04:44:16PM -0800, Jason Williams wrote:
> Evening everyone.
>
> I was curious if anyone was running Cyrus on a FreeBSD system? I'm strongly
> considering running cyrus for our mail server here and I noticed that is
> currently available via the ports tree for FreeBSD.

I'm running Cyrus in a FreeBSD few years. This time I have five or six
hosts, with FreeBSD versions from early 4.x up to 4.8-RELENG and
different versions of Cyrus. And I have one installation
(cyrus-imapd-2.2.2.b) on 5.1-RELENG. Everything works good.

> I would like to know what your experiences have been: Good? Bad?
> How's your performance and if you have had any big problems?

Good. It lacks documentation, but it forces you to get thru and when
you're thru, you know how it works :)

I cannot say anything about performance, 'cos my requirements are rather
weak, but it is stable.

> I really like what Cyrus has to offer and I'm leaning to implementing this
> on our Company network.

Good choice.

Regards,
Igor A. Karpov    phone: +380(44)238-0624 JID:jc at mash.minjust.gov.ua
Unix System Administrator

System administration: more fun than being beaten with a sledgehammer.