sendmail-8.12.6+cyrus-imapd-2.0.17: check presence of the cyrus mailbox during establishing SMTP connection

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Fri Nov 7 16:36:28 EST 2003

Igor Brezac wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Andrzej Filip wrote:
>>Igor Brezac wrote:
>>>[...]
>>>This would be nice, but as much as sendmail 'abuses' these maps I wonder
>>>if busier sites would be able to use such maps.
>>
>>Current sendmail.cf can ask up to 7 virtusertable queries but who said we have
>>to use maps already existing  in sendmail.cf ?
>>[e.g. virtusertable or access]
>>
>>With careful desing of new map queries in sendmail.cf we can reduce number of
>>queries to single one executed only when "RCPT TO:" is received (in
>>Scheck_rcpt rule set, no queries during queue runs)
>
> True.  However, it would be nice if sendmail provides 'optimized' macros
> for map lookups, virtuser and especially access come to mind.  Most people
> do not edit sendmail.cf directly.

As I understand we are talking only about sendmail & cyrus integration here
and leave discussion about non cyrus related sendmail improvements for

Cyrus socket map queries handling  can be implemented via one
cf/feature/cyrusmap.m4 file.

Sendmail.org has already accepted donations of cf/mailer/cyrus.m4 and
cf/mailer/cyrusv2.m4 :)

--
Andrzej [pl>en: Andrew] Adam Filip http://www.polbox.com/a/anfi/
anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl [former: anfi at Box43.pl]