No worthy mechs found

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Wed Nov 5 08:30:25 EST 2003

> Hi. I know this has been asked before. I digged the archives
> before posting. But I have spent many time trying to fix it
> unsuccessfully. Please someone give me a hint.
>
> I can't access to the imap server. I checked the configuration
> removed and reinstalled. I've googled and searched the archives
> with no luck.
>
> That's the output of the logs:
>
>    No worthy mechs found
>    cannot connect to saslauthd server: No such file or directory
>
> This is redhat-9. And these are the packages I have installed:
>
> cyrus-imapd-2.1.12-7
> cyrus-imapd-devel-2.1.12-7
> cyrus-imapd-utils-2.1.12-7
> cyrus-sasl-2.1.10-4
> cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.10-4
> cyrus-sasl-md5-2.1.10-4
> cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.10-4
> perl-Cyrus-2.1.12-7

Hi,
First I recommend you to upgrade to the latest cyrus-imapd package.
Rebuild the source rpm from http://www.invoca.ch/pub/packages/cyrus-imapd/
and upgrade the resulting rpms.
Then, check your cyrus-sasl packages with 'rpm -V cyrus-sasl'. Looks like
there is a problem with accessing /var/run/saslauthd/mux. If you do a
clean install from the rpms, it does work. Did you install from source and
later, because it didn't work, installed the rpms? That's what many people
are doing and it doesn't work because they messed up their box first.

HTH
Simon