Problem with RENAME

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Wed Nov 5 15:45:40 EST 2003

Hi,

On the system I work, it is being considered to backup mailbox instead
of destroying them when a user is deleted from the system.  The idea is
that instead of deleting the mailbox, it would be moved somewhere else,
possible to be restored.  I know I could just dump the mailbox somewhere
and delete it within Cyrus, but I would prefer to do this within IMAP.

When logged on as an admin, here is what I get when trying to RENAME a
top-level mailbox to a special backup mailbox :

* OK mail Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.13 server ready
. login admin *****
. OK User logged in
. rename user.gwb user.backup.gwb
. NO Operation is not supported on mailbox

admin have ACL lrswipcda on both user.gwb and user.backup.  If this is
of any importance, this is being done in a Murder.

What does the "Operation is not supported on mailbox" mean ?  Is there
any other way to achieve the same result ?

Thanks for your insight !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com