COPY between backends in a Murder

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Nov 7 17:50:09 EST 2003

Etienne Goyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about the behavior of COPY on Murder.  I have
> user/test1 on backend1 and user/test2 on backend2.  I want to copy all
> mail in test1's mailbox to test2.  I am trying this as an admin user.
> Here's an example worth a thousand words :
>
> * OK backend1 Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.15 server ready
> . login admin ******
> . OK User logged in
> . select user/test1
> * FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen)
> * OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen \*)]
> * 1 EXISTS
> * 0 RECENT
> * OK [UNSEEN 1]
> * OK [UIDVALIDITY 1068240560]
> * OK [UIDNEXT 2]
> . OK [READ-WRITE] Completed
> . uid search all
> * SEARCH 1
> . OK Completed (1 msgs in 0.000 secs)
> . uid copy 1 user/test2
> . NO [TRYCREATE] Mailbox does not exist
>

> When both mailboxes are on the same server, it (obviously) work.  How
> can I do a trans-Murder (sic) COPY ?  Am I doing something wrong ?

You have to do this on a frontend.  The backends have no knowledge of
mailboxes on other backends.

In fact the only commands that need (should?) be run directly on a
backend are CREATEs for mailboxes at the top of a hierarchy (no parent).

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127