hardware for cyrus murder

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Tue Nov 11 10:26:58 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Etienne Goyer wrote:
> > but it reaches its limits in very busy hours. usually the cyrus internal
> > authentication begins to fail. backends and mupdate slaves can no longer

Looks like an overloaded LDAP backend to me...

I've seen this enough on our systems that I use sasldb+ldap, with all
internal users (cyrus admins, etc) in sasldb, and the real users in ldap....

> Your experiences could be very valuable to me; I would be very glad if
> you could share some of them.

MTAs on other hosts (to free up IO) were a big help here.  We just ship the
messages thorugh TCP/IP lmtp from the MTA hubs to the mail store...

  Henrique Holschuh