GURU advise seeked, 'permission denied' while creating mailbox

jokke heikkila jokke at kuva.fi
Tue Nov 11 07:42:13 EST 2003

I keep hitting my head to the wall with this one. I've installed
cyrus-postfix-mysql setup under debian box and everything else seems to work as
shoud except the mailbox creation. I keep getting 'permission denied' whatever I
try and now I'm out of ideas. Below are snippets of two ways I've tried to
create the mailboxes.

--with cyradm--
tahko:/root$ cyradm --user cyrus localhost
IMAP Password:
              tahko> lm
tahko> cm magnusborg0001/mailbox
createmailbox: Permission denied
tahko> quit

--with imtest--
tahko:/root$ imtest -u cyrus -a cyrus localhost
S: * OK tahko.magnusborg.fi Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.11 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE
UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {6}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 OK User logged in
Authenticated.
Security strength factor: 0
. create magnusborg0001.cyrus
. NO Permission denied

SASL works beatifully, so does web-cyradm except for creating the mailbox. Any
ideas what could be the cause.

Debian woody
Postfix 2.0.16
cyrus-imapd-2.1.11