no partition found

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Nov 11 11:38:32 EST 2003

Michael Siebenborn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i tried to export a users mailbox onto a new Machine. I copied the
> directory user/name to the new machine and dumped the ACL to a textfile
> using ctl_mboxlist -d.
> Importing the ACLs with "ctl_mboxlist -u" didn't work. It complains
> about "no partition found"
>
> The partition-default: in imapd.conf is set to /var/imap

Did the old machine have multiple partitions?  If so, the mailboxes.db
entries contain this partition.  You'll either have to add this
partition to your new box, or edit the textfile and replace the
partition names with 'default'.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127