manipulate files in /var/spool/imap/

Rajesh Saxena rs_404 at yahoo.ca
Thu Nov 13 13:35:51 EST 2003

Hi. I would like to create 'spam' and 'notspam' folders in each of my
users' accounts. The users will be instructed to move spam email which
spamassassin has missed into the 'spam' folder and move false positives
into 'notspam'. Then I want to write a script which will traverse
through all the users folders in /var/spool/imap/users/*/{spam,notspam}
and move all the emails into temporary directories where I can run
sa-learn on the missed messages. My question is can I move the text
files around like that and delete them when I'm done? Except for the
cyrus.* files -- or should I delete those too? I'm not sure if I need
to use cyrus provided tools to delete those emails once i don't need
them anymore or if I can just use rm.