Hot backups

Jerry Haltom jhaltom at feedbackplusinc.com
Fri Nov 14 01:29:27 EST 2003

Have a few questions about back ups, well, just one.

Lets say my site required to be up 24/7... so the only way we could do
backups of cyrus would be live.

Certainly one can just copy the entire mail spool... getting MOST of hte
messages, and the .headers, .cache, .index, etc. Is this safe?

I'm not concerned with point of time backups, but mostly that if the
system totally crashed, I could get mail at least a day old back.

What about the databases? Are they save to just copy? are they
recoverable? Can they be rebuilt from the plain messages? Isn't that
what matters most, the messages?

Thanks.

--
Jerry Haltom <jhaltom at feedbackplusinc.com>