Realms?

Joakim Ryden jryden at thebox.our-own.net
Sat Nov 15 07:30:40 EST 2003

Hey everyone -

this (or variations of this) has worked for me so many times in the
past that I never considered it a hump to get over but this time I'm
confuzzled.

I can't get realm auth working with 2.2.2-BETA (and SASL 2.1.15). I add
a user like so:

saslpasswd2 -c jryden

test it with

imtest -a jryden localhost

This user is able to log in to the IMAP server no problem.  I add
another user:

saslpasswd2 -u test.com -c test

test it with

imtest -a test -r test.com localhost

and various variations of the imtest command. No dice:

Nov 15 04:16:32 cyrus imap[12149]: badlogin: localhost [127.0.0.1]
CRAM-MD5 [SASL(-13): user not found: no secret in database]

(I tried several mechs with the same result (and the plugins are all
there).)

What did I miss??

My imapd.conf:

configdirectory: /var/imap