Admin User - Cyrus IMAP

Julian W H Osborne josborne at imsmaxims.com
Tue Nov 18 08:52:43 EST 2003

Dear All,

I'm trying to configure a Sendmail/Cyrus IMAP/LDAP solution, on a
RH9.0 system, and it is all working fine, authenticating via PAM,
except for one thing.

We have a RH7.1 system running quite an old version of cyrus
imap&sasl.  They way it has been configured you can login to any
pop/imap account with the cyrus admin password if you know it.  This
can be very useful and saves a lot of time.

I have been unable to replicate this functionality on the RH9 system.
 The system is patched up to date and running:

cyrus-sasl-md5-2.1.10-4
cyrus-sasl-devel-2.1.10-4
cyrus-imapd-2.1.15-2
cyrus-imapd-utils-2.1.15-2
cyrus-imapd-murder-2.1.15-2
cyrus-sasl-2.1.10-4
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.10-4
cyrus-imapd-devel-2.1.15-2

I've been through the archives and can't find anything,  I'm being
pressured for a solutions so all help greatfully recevied.

Thanks

Julian

Julian W H Osborne
IMS MAXIMS plc
Clara House, Glenageary Business Park, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +353 1 2840555          Fax: +353 1 2840829
Sandymount, Station Road, Woburn Sands, Bucks MK17 8RR, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1908 588800     Fax: +44 (0)1908 588819
http://www.imsmaxims.com/