cannot get idled to run

Craig Constantine craig at blkbx.com
Wed Nov 19 13:13:29 EST 2003

--On Tuesday, November 18, 2003 8:34 PM -0800 Ted Cabeen <ted at impulse.net>
wrote:

> Try changing the owner of the idle socket to cyrus.  That's how I have
> mine, and I reacll that I had trouble getting idled started because of
> permissions.

nope. I changed it to:

# ls -ald /var/imap/socket/idle
srwxrwxrwx    1 cyrus    cyrus           0 Jun 17 22:24
/var/imap/socket/idle

SIGHUP'd the master. Nothing about idled appeared in the logs, I'm still
getting the 'error sending to idled' errors in syslog. Trying to start by
hand still gives:

# su - cyrus -c '/usr/cyrus/bin/idled -C /etc/imapd.conf'
bind: Address already in use

How do I figure out what exactly it is trying to bind to?

-Craig