Changelog, LDAP features

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Wed Nov 19 10:09:47 EST 2003

Thomas Luzat wrote:

> Hello!
>
> 1) Is there any 'readable' changelog (better than the CVS entries) for
> Cyrus IMAP available?

Are you looking for a log listing changes between releases
(doc/changes.html) or changes between source file versions (CVS logs)?

> 2) Is there a list of planned featues and features which is being worked
> on?

Not really.  The cyrus-devel list or the Cyrus Wiki would be the most
obvious places for this type of thing to exist.

> 3) Are there any plans to allow some further integration of LDAP? I am
> thinking about:
>
> a) Fetching Sieve-scripts from LDAP (would guess not)

No, but I don't see why it couldn't exist.  I don't know if you'd want
integration with timsieved or not (probably not).

> b) Fetching Quota settings from LDAP (same)

This would be fairly trivial once the quota stuff gets changed to use
the cyrusdb interface.  Then all that would need to be done would be to
write a cyrusdb_ldap backend.  In fact the cyrusdb_ldap backend could be
written any time.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127