Changelog, LDAP features

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Wed Nov 19 11:13:34 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Rob Siemborski wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Ken Murchison wrote:
> > > b) Fetching Quota settings from LDAP (same)
> >
> > This would be fairly trivial once the quota stuff gets changed to use
> > the cyrusdb interface.  Then all that would need to be done would be to
> > write a cyrusdb_ldap backend.  In fact the cyrusdb_ldap backend could be
> > written any time.
>
> Quotas get updated surprisingly frequently (every delivery, APPEND, COPY,

Nah, I think what is in question is the maximum quota, not the current quota
state... i.e. that which is set by sq in cyradm.  I have a script (modified
from someone else) that fetches the quotas from LDAP and apply any changes
using the perl interface, but that's suboptimal at best.  I imagine a lot of
people have similar kludges in their setups.

  Henrique Holschuh