cyradm

Hank Beatty hbeatty.lists at earthlink.net
Wed May 14 10:45:16 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 00:52, Ko kai wrote:
>  I met this problem too. Both on RH 7.3 and RH 8.0,both
> Perl5.6.1 and Perl 5.8.
>  I think the problem should be that db_version is  the
> symbol of DB3.If the database you used are not db3. This
> error will occur. It's no relation to Perl' version. It
> different from the error "Perl_sv_setsv ".
>  You can configure your Makefile which under the
> ./perl/imap and add your DB's lib to LIBS.
>  and ,I want to know ,Did you run the command "perl
> Makefile.PL"?
>

> ----
> Kai

Thank you both (Nikola and Ko) for your answers.

I did run the perl Makefile.PL.

I'm not sure how to check to see which version of BDB perl uses so I
downloaded and installed the latest version from perl.org. I no longer
get the error but, now it just returns me to the prompt. Say I run:

cyradm --user admin --server localhost

or

cyradm --user admin --server localhost --auth login

back to a prompt I go. Curious....

I saw in a previous thread where Ken appeared to have the same problem
but, didn't really understand what he did to fix it.

Does anyone have some better suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
Hank

--
Hank Beatty <hbeatty.lists at earthlink.net>