Cyrus IMAP 2.1.12 and Berkeley 4.1.25

Joe Rhodes lists at joerhodes.com
Fri May 2 12:14:24 EDT 2003

Christian:

Thanks for the pointers, but it doesn't seem to help.

In my /usr/lib directory, I have the following:

[root at Phoenicia lib]# ll libdb*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        55096 Feb 11 00:30 libdb1.so.2
-r--r--r--    1 root     root       751944 May  1 11:09 libdb-4.0.a
-r--r--r--    1 root     root          724 May  1 11:09 libdb-4.0.la
-r-xr-xr-x    1 root     root       603694 May  1 11:09 libdb-4.0.so
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       889280 May  1 11:14 libdb-4.1.a
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          703 May  1 11:14 libdb-4.1.la
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       719667 May  1 11:14 libdb-4.1.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           12 May  1 11:14 libdb-4.so
->libdb-4.1.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           11 May  1 11:14 libdb.a
->libdb-4.1.a
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           12 May  1 11:14 libdb.so
->libdb-4.1.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           11 Apr 16 23:35 libdb.so.2
->libdb1.so.2

All of the ones marked May 1st are the ones that I've compiled myself.
To be sure I wasn't missing something, I moved the libdb.so.2 and
libdb-4.0.* files out of the directory so I would only have the 4.1.25
libs there.  No joy.

Now here's an interesting little fact that I just discovered.  I've
downloaded and compiled the DB 4.0.14 package--the same version as the
rpm that was installed from RedHat.  When I compile that and install it
into the same directory, /usr/, I get the same error message.

So that leads me to believe that it has something to do with the way
I've compiled Berkeley DB, both with version 4.0.14 and with 4.1.25.
Whatever I've done, Cyrus IMAP doesn't seem to like it.  OpenLDAP does,
or at least doesn't complain about it.

Again, BerkeleyDB packages were compiled with --prefix=/usr flag.  I've
looked through the sleepy cat docs, but I don't see anything terribly
obvious that jumps out at me.  If anyone has some suggestions?  One
thing I'm going to try, just out of desperation, is playing with
different mutexes.  Seems to be there's some mention about using Posix
mutexes having an effect on DBenv-->open.  But I'm just throwing darts
with a blindfold on here.

If I might ask, please CC me directly, as I get the digested version of
the list.  (Ok, that last part just sounds wrong...  :)

Once again, thanks in advance!
-Joe