blank space in mailbox name - thanks

Mike & Robyn Cairns mikeandrobbi at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 00:46:53 EDT 2003

Thanks fellow list members,

Problem of how best to migrate users from one release to the next solved,
thanks to first posting by Simon containing the following script:

cd /var/spool/imap/user
for i in `ls`
do
  reconstruct -rf user.$i
done

After copying the contents of /var/spool/imap/user/* as well as
/var/imap/mailboxes.db from the old machine to the new one then running the
'reconstruct' as a shell command above (instead of running it within cyradm)
the mailboxes are rebuilt correctly.

Still confused as to why 'reconstruct -r' is advertised as working inside
the cyradm facility but:
a) does not seem to act on the -r recursive flag, and
b) will not tolerate blank spaces in mailbox names as far as we can
determine.
but we can continue without this knowledge for now.

many regards
Mike Cairns