Stacking saslauthd and auxprop(sasldb) authentification

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Thu May 8 14:27:31 EDT 2003

Hi,

I would like to stack two authentication method.  Namely, the Cyrus
"admins" user will be kept in /etc/sasldb2 while regular user are
authenticated via saslauthd.  In /etc/imapd.conf :

---
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sasldb
---

When I tried this setting, it does not work and I have in
/var/log/auth.log :

---
May  8 14:19:48 www1 proxyd[20393]: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: Permission denied
---

/etc/sasldb2 is mode 640, owner root, group cyrus.  It work if I make
/etc/sasldb2 owner cyrus.  If possible at all, I would prefer not to
have /etc/sasldb2 writeable by the cyrus user.  I could make it owner
cyrus grp root mode 460, but would there be a better way ?

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com