Cyrus 2.2?

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Fri May 9 14:34:03 EDT 2003

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

>On Fri, 09 May 2003, Rob Siemborski wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 9 May 2003, [iso-8859-1] Johan Fredrik Øhman wrote:
>>

>>>Are there changes to the 8-bit header encoding issue in this release? I'm
>>>thinking about the 'x' that frequently appears in some Non-US mail.
>>>

>>Since there isn't a proper way to handle unencoded 8 bit mail, we're not
>>going to change the behavior.
>>

>And since nobody of the people who constantly ask for it stepped ahead
>to write the patch that does the header encodingbased on a admin-supplied
>default charset...

What do you mean should that patch do exactly ? Do you mean that if an
email does not specify an encoding it should automatically set an
encoding which can be specified in imapd.conf ? So there would be no
actual mail-translation or anything like that ? Only if the encoding is
_not_ specified cyrus will set it to a default and leaves the mail
untouched otherwise ? What email-headers are you talking about exactly ?
I did something like that for my installation but it seems that it is
something other than you actually requested !

--Christian