Cyrus 2.2?

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Fri May 9 17:17:07 EDT 2003

On Fri, 09 May 2003, Christian Schulte wrote:
> Such functionality can/should be integrated in the MTA then, I think! I

Not all MTAs can do it, but yes, many people would agree with you.
Still, the amount of requests we see for this feature shows that either
we need a FAQ, or more MTA support for that, or to add it to Cyrus already
;-)

> so that I turned that features off after a few weeks. Mainly 90% of all
> broken messages were not in my default iso-8859-15 charset and got
> converted to something unreadable! It lead to some clients showing
> totally crippled from or even subject headers where cyrus would have
> only printed single X characters...

Yes. For CJK spam, it will cause VERY bad results.

> Of course 99% of all broken messages are spam.  Installing

Not here, and not in the many other countries were people use 8bit chars all
the time, AND lots of bozos write broken MUAs and Webmail frontends.

> introduce anythink really usefull then and cyrus allready handles broken
> messages in an elegant way however!

I don't know how I got away with that, but I got the entire city hall used
to "X" in their headers :-)

  Henrique Holschuh