Moving user mailbox across partition on Murder

Etienne Goyer etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com
Fri May 9 13:14:54 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 12:47:47PM -0400, Rob Siemborski wrote:
> On Fri, 9 May 2003, Etienne Goyer wrote:
>
> > According to the install doc for Murder, I should be able to do
> > something like the following to move user mailbox around :
> >
> > fe1.test> renm user.joblo user.joblo imap1!part4
> >
> > However, it fail with "renamemailbox: The remote Server(s) denied the
> > operation".  In the backend log, we can see the following error :
> >
> > May  9 11:50:00 imap1 imapd[5643]: Could not move mailbox: user.joblo, LOCALCREATE failed
> >
> > What could cause LOCALCREATE to fail ?
>
> The backend servers need to be admins on eachother.  That's the obvious
> thing.

Yes, that make sense.  I had been pondering about it but can't figure
how to configure it.  On a frontend, you would have some thing like the
following in /etc/imapd.conf :

---
proxy_authname: proxy
imap1_password: <passw>
imap1_mechs: DIGEST-MD5
imap2_password: <passw>
imap2_mechs: DIGEST-MD5
---

What would be the equivalent way to specify which user and password to
use when communicating with other backend (or himself) ?

Thanks !

http://www.LinuxQuebec.com       etienne.goyer at linuxquebec.com